Wednesday, August 13, 2008

WALL-E...





Posted by Bethany:

For those who've seen WALL-E already (and those who haven't but don't mind spoiled endings...) here's an article I found on Breakpoint.org by Alex Wainer. It offers a critique about how the film has, yet again (and like most films), been zealously evaluated as a specimen of both far left-and-right political ideologies. This is in place of its being appreciated for the simple message (of love for human creation, Wainer writes) it offers and its artistic accomplishment. A lot of the article just synopsizes the film, but near the end Wainer offers his opinion on what WALL-E's message can mean to Christians in particular. (Though I did not stay awake for the film), the soundbites and visual pieces of WALL-E that I was alert to, caused me to cynically process what I assumed to be an overly-done, pro-environmental message. "Oh, it's another one of those!", another piece of propaganda meant to scare humans into taking care of the environment, I thought. Well, needless to say...I was too impatient to see in WALL-E the simple interpretation of Biblical stewardship that Waine points out is evident when "when we are rightly related to each other—and to God". Maybe I'll give it a second chance...and stay awake for it...

http://www.breakpoint.org/listingarticle.asp?ID=8356

4 Comments:

  1. ArcheKleine said...
    Waaaaaaaaallllllllllllllll-eeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
    Ernie said...
    Hehe...

    wow, I still wanna see this movie!
    Albert Wang said...
    eve-uh?
    Ernie said...
    who's lyinkz?

Post a Comment