Thursday, July 31, 2008

Shakespeare, anyone?

Posted by Bethany:
Hi people (undergraduates, specifically). I was wondering if any of you guys would be interested in taking an English/literature class with me next semester (fall 2008). That is, if you're way short on units, are looking for a class to complete your schedule perfectly, and would just love to spend hours discussing either Shakespeare's best or...some modern poetry. Essentially, I am looking for people to suffer along with me ^-^. If you're up to the challenge, let me know...

7 Comments:

  1. ArcheKleine said...
    Days of the week and time plz.
    Anonymous said...
    1. Shakespeare. English 117A. TTh 2-330
    2. Modern Poetry. English 127. MW 1-2
    3. The Augustan Age. English 119. TTh 2-330...
    Or maybe a Junior seminar. Don't know much about those...

    Some classes already have a waitlist (the poetry one does for sure), so if people decide to sign up let me know.
    Anonymous said...
    And I know this is not an English class, but College Writing 110 (Advanced Composition). So far I'm having no luck convincing people to take this with me...
    ArcheKleine said...
    I have lab, but I wouldn't mind reading some Shakespeare again. Choose a course, and post a reading list. I'll do my best to keep up.
    Anonymous said...
    My bad. The Shakespeare class actually runs TTh 1230-2. Don't know if you can make it then, but regardless, here is the reading list for his class:

    Book List: Shakespeare, W.: Richard II, Midsummer Night’s Dream, As You Like It, Hamlet, Othello, King Lear, Macbeth, All’s Well That Ends Well, Antony and Cleopatra, A Winter’s Tale, The Tempest; Shakespeare and Theory (a collection of critical essays)
    Anonymous said...
    Ahh disregard that post...apparently me brain thinks it is still spring 2008...so, still same time. different book list, so whatever plays/poems are in this one:

    Book List: Stephen Greenblatt, ed., The Norton Shakespeare
    ArcheKleine said...
    I have lab from 1-6:30 but lol at the text selection. Seems fun though.

Post a Comment